Semiconductor X-ray metrology
- Dedicated X-ray Semiconductor Metrology lab equipment to be used in R&D labs or pilot lines, in particular compound semiconductors, MEMS, high power devices and back end processes.
- Thin film metrology via XRR (X-ray Reflectivity), HRXRD (High resolution X-ray diffraction) and RSM (Reciprocal space maps), GID (grazing incidence diffraction), wafer mapping.
- Sample stage can support up to 200mm wafers or 200mm x 200mm rigid/flexible samples.
- Automated measuments and analysis.
- State of the art proprietary analytical and measurement software.
- Equipment size : 1.2m x 1.3m x 2.1m
X-ray thin film analysis is an established technique for the determination of the film thickness, structural parameters, composition and strain.
Film thickness can range from sub-nanometer to millimeter.
According to the film type, different X-ray techniques will be used in order to determine the parameters of interest.
- Layer thickness of thin films and multilayers.
- Layer and interface roughness.
- Surface density gradients and layer density.
- Interfacial structures.
- Layers/Films uniformity across the wafer.
- Minimum thickness ~ 1,5 nm
- Maximum thickness up to ~ 300 nm.
- Resolution ~ 1% of the measured thickness
- Lateral resolution (minimum spot size ~ 1 cm)