Thin Film Analysis
X-ray thin film analysis is an established technique for the determination of the film thickness, structural parameters, composition and strain.
Film thickness can range from sub-nanometer to millimeter.
According to the film type, different X-ray techniques will be used in order to determine the parameters of interest.
- Layer thickness of thin films and multilayers.
- Layer and interface roughness.
- Surface density gradients and layer density.
- Interfacial structures.
- Layers/Films uniformity across the wafer.
- Minimum thickness ~ 1,5 nm
- Maximum thickness up to ~ 300 nm.
- Resolution ~ 1% of the measured thickness
- Lateral resolution (minimum spot size ~ 1 cm)